Trakref joins the UN Global Compact members
Trakref is excited to announce that we are now a participant of the United Nations Global Compact. In becoming a member we join a global network of 15,000 companies and 4,000 non-business participants that are committed to building a sustainable future.
The UN Global Impact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative calling to companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption, and take actions that advance societal goals.
We consider this partnership an important one as we continue to work towards our primary goal of a greener future by reducing refrigerant emissions. The UN Global Impact has 10 primary principles. They are as follows:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
We believe in all of those principles and specially believe that we can significantly impact principles 7, 8, and 9 which are related to the environment.
Our mission at Trakref is to Create a Greener Future by Reducing Refrigerant Emissions. We believe reducing refrigerant emissions can significantly impact the environment. Over 60% of fugitive emissions come from leaky valves—and more than half of a plant’s fugitive emissions can be eliminated by servicing, updating, and replacing valves. We help companies track refrigerants effectively to prevent these leaks and keep clear accounting of emissions to make improvements.
Beyond partnership in joining this initiative, Trakref will be submitting yearly reports on the ways in which our company is working hard towards achieving the goals set forth by the UN Global Compact. This means we are going further than words to actionable and trackable activities that can serve our common long-term goals. We believe in not only talking the talk but also walking the walk.
We thought this partnership would also be important as a way to have our customers’ voices heard on the International stage. As policies are created to set sustainability goals and standards we believe that UN Global Compact has a heavy influence on these policies and that by joining the conversation globally we can better advocate for our customers and engage in the discussions that are shaping the future.
At Trakref, we continue to make strides to build the relationships needed to achieve the higher goal of reducing negative human impact on the environment and we know that only through collaboration and consistent effort will we be able to achieve success. We look forward to the contributions we will make and to form part of a network committed to making society better.
For more insight into this initiative and the long history of hard work and accomplishment by the UN Global Impact, check out this insightful video.
If you need help with compliance or regulation around HVAC/R and refrigerant emissions, or want to learn more about our work as one of the UN Global Compact members, reach out today!
We are refrigerant geeks with proven techniques to manage leaks in our HVAC/R and refrigerant management software.